Tuesday, March 1, 2011

task three: Kevin Chaves



IMPORTANT NOTE: please click on images to watch animated gifs!
I wanted my imagery to reflect the use of neon lights in Gaspar Noe's "Enter the Void" since they were used quite extensively. The use of neon lights added to the overall atmosphere and mood of the film. I wanted my imagery to also reflect on the psychedelic and drug aspect of the film. The last image is influenced by the constant use of the circular form and constant spinning of the camera. It represents as well the void, and the unknown.

4 comments:

  1. Nice touch with the animated gif! I wonder if you tried making it faster? They look really good!
    - stefanie c

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree, they are far more affective as gifs than stills.
    -robyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. super cool kev!
    The colour really pops, the strobing makes me feel like exactly how i felt when i watched the movie. and makes me feel like im entering the void.
    -bailey

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find gif 4 particularly hypnotic and I like that the use of color is a little more subtle.
    -Matin

    ReplyDelete