Tuesday, March 22, 2011

task four: Kevin Chaves

This past weekend I went back home to visit my family. My parents are redecorating our house, which includes painting several walls. I went with my mom to look at colour swatches. This led me to start thinking abut colour in reference to class and the 'after colour' task. I took several swatches home. I scanned them and using the eyedropper I selected each colour. I then removed the colour from the images. What was left was obviously just different shades of gray. I renamed each shade with the name that was found on each swatch. The removal of colour completely changes the meaning of these swatch cards.
 cloudless 510B-4
 cool melon 170B-4
 cucumber crush 440C-2
 empress trail 510B-7
 old vine 440F-6
 red tomato 170B-7
 sandwashed driftwood 770D-6
 strawberry mousse 170A-2

No comments:

Post a Comment