Thursday, March 24, 2011

4 - Matin Pezeshgzad



For the After Colour submission I worked with layering and projections again. Frustrated with my inability to shoot under harsh winter conditions I decided to take the brutality of the season into the studio. I used an image I had of a winter scene and projected it onto the wall, coupled with the physical snow in the room coming from a snow machine. This creates a sense of depth that I'm pleased with. While there is a feeling of convention and timelessness in the black and white photo, I think the artifice of the snow and projector introduces a contemporary element. The image is light and ethereal which is what I intuitively gravitate to, whatever the theme.

3 comments:

  1. this image is extremely beautiful! I love it

    ~ kevin

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. agreed =). I really like the aesthetic quality of this image. it has a very classic look to it, like an old photograph from the early 20th C.
    The lighting and combination of projection + actual (well, fake) snow is flawless!

    -Elena

    ReplyDelete