Tuesday, February 15, 2011

White Canvas by Matin Pezeshgzad



The chantilly lace robe, a vintage garment belonging to my grandmother is the perfect white. It acts here as a blank canvas, projecting an image of a snowy winter scene. I wanted to create a dream like state where the figure resembles the posture of the trees gets lost and blends into the airy environment, and into the subtle tones of green and blue. The softness and simplicity of the image reflects the way that I see and experience the garment.

4 comments:

  1. This image has beautiful texture. I love the mood created, it is quite haunting. -Caitlin

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a sense of light movement here too that I really like. I wonder how it would work as a performance piece!

    -Reese

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...and by "light", I mean soft, slow, kinda dream like.

    -Reese

    ReplyDelete