Thursday, February 17, 2011

Filena Arcia Task #2


 The item I cherish most is my baby pillow. It's a tiny pillow stuffed with small feathers that I have had it since I was born. I rarely sleep without it on my bed and when I sleepover at places I try and bring it with me. It sounds childish but there's just something about it that puts me at ease. It's scent is my favourite scent and it is indescribable because its not an average scent like a perfume or candle. It reminds me of simpler times when as kids we only worried about what games to play or shows to watch. You can even say its like my safety blanket and definitely something I would grab if my house went on fire. Its old and stained but I love it. I used the colours of the pillow which are beige/white and light blue. I thought of reasons why I love it and two of the main reasons are because I've had it since I was born and it brings me comfort and ease. I associated light blue to childhood because of the idea that baby blue is for boys and pink is for girls and how most toys fall within theses colours. I took all the blue items I could find that I have had since I was a kid and took close up shots in natural light of each item. I then associated beige/white with tranquility, comfort and ease and so I looked through my stuff to find items that are in that colour range and give me the same feeling. My baby pillow is in both images and I tried to accentuate certain colours for each piece. The setting is my bed since that it were my baby pillow lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment