Monday, February 14, 2011

task two: Kevin Chaves

I've had this little accordion since I was probably 10 or 11 and even though half the keys no longer work and I don't really know how to use it I still seem to always want to take it with me. My god father who is an amazing accordion player gave it to me as a gift and I've always liked it. Being Portuguese, the accordion is essential to traditional Portuguese music (called fado), which a significant portion of my family still participate in. I've always been surrounded by this music and culture and it always reminds of when I was a child.

I used the colour palette (red, blue, and white) to create abstract imagery, which is obscure in order for the viewer to construct their own ideas and notions of what the image could be.

No comments:

Post a Comment