Sunday, January 30, 2011

task one : Carly McGhee

Carly McGhee
"perspective has classically been defined as a picture of the view seen from a window."
The body's of work I have typically found myself working on lately have been a reflection of the emotional mind set I have been experiencing. Heavily medicated anxiousness to overwhelming depression; I would find myself starring at the every day objects as obstacles that need to be over come. This would lead to an examination of the forms and functions of these objects. When trying to decipher the list of objects that needed to be included, i found this view I encounter everyday to perfectly in compass that list.

3 comments:

  1. I would like to include that I am not overly thrilled with the cropping of this image.

    -Carly McGhee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think both the cropping and the lighting could be improved. It being shot on a slight angle with an improper lens is distorting your lines. Perhaps pull back so there is more expansive space around? Re-shoot and balance to your colour temperature or work with it more in camera raw?
    -Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually adjusted the color this way on purpose but seeing it against the harsh pink background isn't working for me anymore
    I will take your advice and re shoot.

    ReplyDelete