Monday, January 31, 2011

Reese's Task Number One

Lunch 29/01/11
When first given this task, I immediately thought of abstract expressionist painting. I’m typically drawn towards the use of defined edges and an intuitive approach to the composition of shapes and colours. Using the scanner as a camera is a particular method I continue to explore, a relatively recent technology and still relevant to the present time. It allows me to create various compositions and assemblages that are difficult to make otherwise. Using items readily available at home and, in this case, items from a meal, I am able to transform these everyday objects into a personal take on the very abstract art I admire.

1 comment:

  1. Reese

    Nice. We're used to seeing images of people's food...etc, but rarely from below (if ever). Things from below could be an interesting series of work.

    -Robyn

    ReplyDelete