Monday, January 31, 2011

Task #1- Stefanie Cocuzzo


Lately I have taken an interest in capturing the domestic interior space and our relationship to objects within these spaces. I have been working with miniature room sets to play on the idea of the "real" and "fake" representations of space when seen in a photograph. With this image I wanted to incorporate that idea and have the miniature interact with the actual space and I have interpreted the following task as follows:
Line- seen through the runner on the table
White- the chandelier and plates within the cabinet
Two Circles- The tree in the corner of the image
A Fake- The mannequin 
Pattern- The shirt on the mannequin 
Juxtaposition- The dining room miniature furniture set placed within an actual space

1 comment:

  1. The strangeness of the combination of objects is interesting but at this point there is just too much going on. The image is busy and confusing and your concept is getting lost. There is something about the chandelier, weird plant and mannequin in combination that I'm drawn to. If it's going to be about miniatures mimicking real spaces I would simplify it to only the miniature and the objects it mimics....the addition of the other elements is confusing. I think there are two different images here.
    -Robyn

    ReplyDelete